Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I was in The Wall Street Journal!

Does It Pay to Start at Community College? Maybe
A reporter reached out to me back in June about interviewing for a piece she was writing on transfer students for the Wall Street Journal. Of course I agreed, and I am glad I did! Although the interview process was quite lengthy, the portion of my story in the whole piece is quite small. I am in no way complaining about that though; it's just an FYI!

Late last night my mom wondered if my article made it to print in the actual printed Wall Street Journal. I hadn't even thought about that and wondered myself, so I emailed the reporter, and sure enough! The article I was in as well as my picture was printed in the wealth management section of every Wall Street Journal that day. Since my mom couldn't find any where she was, she googled where I could find them here in Nashville; I drove and picked up the remaining few papers that were left at Vanderbilt's Barnes and Nobel :)

That was a very cool feeling and a very humbling day. Big thank you to Jillian Berman for reaching out to me!

Click here to view the article!


No comments:

Post a Comment